DHX Media Announces Nine International SVOD Deals
Juan Romero | On 10, Feb 2015
DHX Media Ltd, key player in the creation of family and children content internationally has licensed more that 5,000 half-hour non-exclusive content deals across nine new subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) platforms in the US, Canada, Chile, France, Africa, Southeast Asia and Australia.
“Over the last twelve months, we have seen tremendous growth in the SVOD space, with more than two dozen new subscription streaming services being announced or launched, globally. As shown by these recently closed distribution deals, DHX’s scale and the marquee brands we can offer have positioned us as a key player in providing content to SVOD services worldwide. We anticipate further SVOD deals as this new era of digital streaming continues to unfold” Said CEO of DHX Media, Dana Landry.
DHX is will be attending DISCOP Istanbul 2015 along with a their incredible catalog of content. Don’t miss them during market and take a look of some of the content that will be available during market.
- Qkids – New York-based Qkids, a preschool SVOD from music-concert streaming service, Qello, has licensed approximately 450 half-hours of DHX content across 26 series and specials. Soon to be launching on iOS worldwide, with other platforms to follow this year, Qkids will offer such DHX titles as The Adventures of Paddington, Strawberry Shortcake, Teletubbies, The Busy World of Richard Scary and Caillou’s Holiday Movie.
- shomi – DHX has licensed approximately 2,800 half-hours of content across more than 70 series and 20 specials to shomi, the new joint venture SVOD platform from Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications, which was launched in November 2014. DHX titles now available on shomi, include Caillou, Emily of New Moon, Martha Speaks, Johnny Test, Super Why!, In the Night Gardenand Super Mario.
- VOD Kids – DHX has licensed more than 120 half-hours of content across 10 series to VOD Kids, a new SVOD service launched in April 2014 by VTR, a leading Chilean telecommunications company. DHX content available on VOD Kids includes Care Bears, Bo on the GO!, Monster Math Squad, Superwhy! and Rastamouse.
- Tfou Max –Tfou Max, the new children’s SVOD service from TF1, France’s leading television network, has licensed approximately 120 half-hours of DHX content across six series and specials. Tfou Max was launched in February 2015. Some of the DHX shows now available on the service include Strawberry Shortcake, Lassie, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Caillou’s Holiday Movie.
- Aflix – DHX has licensed approximately 200 half-hours of content across 13 series to Aflix, an African SVOD whose service was expanded in October 2014 from three countries to more than 30 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa. Aflix allows subscribers to stream content on Android devices. Some of the DHX shows now available on Aflix include, Caillou, In the Night Garden, Sonic the Hedgehog, Animal Mechanicals and Teletubbies.
- VIDI – In South Africa, the SVOD and TVOD service VIDI has licensed approximately 700 half-hours of DHX content across 35 series and specials. VIDI, which is owned by Times Media Group, was launched in September 2014. Some of the DHX shows now available to VIDI customers include Topsy & Tim, Grandpa in My Pocket, Bo on the GO!, The Adventures of Abney and Teal, and That’s So Weird.
- iFlix – The Malaysia-based Catcha Groups’ iFlix SVOD service, which is set to launch in Southeast Asia in March 2015, has licensed approximately 400 half-hours of DHX content across 19 series. Some of the key titles in the deal include Animal Mechanicals, Johnny Test, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kid vs Kat, Super Why! and Teletubbies.
- Stan – DHX has licensed hundreds of half-hours of content across 38 series and specials to Stan, the new SVOD service launched in January 2015 in Australia as a joint venture between Nine Entertainment Co. and Fairfax Media. DHX shows available to Stan subscribers include Teletubbies, In the Night Garden, Johnny Test, Inspector Gadget, Strawberry Shortcake and Caillou.
- Presto TV – Also in Australia, DHX has licensed approximately 150 half-hours of content across eight series to Presto TV, a new SVOD service that was launched in January 2015 by Foxtel. Arthur, Bo on the GO!, Caillou, Super Why! and Busytown Mysteries are some of the DHX titles available to Presto TV subscribers.